Friday, August 6, 2010

Phuket Continue - Patung in Flesh

Second day at Phuket, I'm all by myself.  It's time for me to explore Patung Beach, the much talked about beach in Phuket.  It is much adored by western tourist who made up majority of human beings here in Phuket.  Patung is the focal area where tourist shop and sunbathing in the day and enjoy drinking and XX entertainment at night.  But frankly speaking, nothing is cheap in Patung.  This is a demand market, which is dominant by European.  Locals just stares at you when you bargain.

My transport pick me up at 11 am, and I reach Patung Beach 20 mins later.  Its winding road to Patung similar to our very own Ferringhi's.  I just asked the driver to drop me at the biggest shopping complex in Phulet - JungCeylon and he promised to pick me by 3.30 p.m. As I had a lot of time, so I just strolled outside the complex just to have an overview of Patung.  There are rows of shops separated by one way street.  Majority of them are eatery and souviners outlet, and hotels at the head, tail and inner land.  Despite the many shops here, I hate to shop outside as I hate bargaining and given dirty looks by euro-craze locals.  So after a short walk outside, I began to explore the big shopping complex.  Major tenants in JungCeylon are Carrefour and Robinson.   Entrance is welcomed by another Euro-inclined eatery called Sino, also a euro-centric theme..

Its all about euro taste, whats the point eating at this place when in Thailand? I want a real thai food..
I then went to Carre4 to get my favorite food - Kerepek Durian.  Its a delicious vacuum dried durian, original from Thailand, only in Thailand.  Whichever part of Thailand I went, I never missed to buy some packs of these.  Everybody at home enjoy this.  Thailand is famos for its fruits and there are varieties of them in Carrefour, and I bought some..
On top is my favorite pulut mangga with santan, they serve with varieties of pulut like pulut putih, pulut hijau and pulut hitam.  I bought pulut hitam with mangga - mak aih... sedap giler.  Nicely stack at the bottom is mix-fruit cut comes with spicy-sugar-salt, sedap...
Of course there is durian siam too.  And this durian is soooo big, its the three times the size of normal durian siam you see in Malaysia..
After getting my stock of krepek durian and fruits in Carrefour, I proceed to Robinson.  They have sales, perfect time to stock up on Wacoal.  You can get a nice Wacoal here below RM50.  So I grab a few.  I just explore every floor as I had a lot of time to waste.

My stomach starts to growling by 2 p.m so I went to the basement where it locates souviners and Food Court.  The souviners sellers here are pretty polite compare to those outside - so I heard from the forum.  So I grab some FM for my sis and friends (sorry la friend, aku bagi colleagues yg division aku jer.. FM sini mahal..).
Thai Craft - I am not so fond of them, banyak berhala jer..So I just bought FM
 Nice picture for sale.. Tapi tak sesuai pulak nak tampal kat umah..
Modern wall decorations - tak islamic la pulak..
Asal bertudung jer.. kira halal la tuh..
Then I proceed to Foodcourt on same floor as I know that there are few halal outlet here..  First thing first, look for tudung-clad ladies.. Ha tu dia..
She sells nasi campur and fried noodles.  But stomach is calling for rice.  So rice it is..
Nasi, 2 piece of Solok Ikan, Gulai Ikan Masin with Daun Maman, and Clear Soup cost me 70 baht about RM7, food here not so cheap ma.. The taste is average.  Bangkok has more authentic thai food..

Arriving hotel at around 4 pm, I take a few hour rest. We need to attend the barbecue dinner and then again another night trip to Patung.  The barbecue dinner is passable (tak sedap la tuh..), but the highlight is lantern of luck, where everbody put their wishes wirtten on 3M and paste it on hot air lantern, then release it to the sky.
After we released it, it flies very high and keep lighted for about 15 minutes.. 
The organizer has arranged for a bus for all the participants.  I want to see Patung nighlife.  Also what is it in the famous Bangla Road that is the center of kemungkaran in Patung.  Again the drop point is JungCeylon.
More lively at night..
With many beautiful lanterns for sale..
Nice, but damn expensive compare to Bangkok..
Then we proceed to Patung Beach side.  There is no activity at Patung Beach night time.  So we just relax and sip the soothing night wind of Phuket..
Me and hubby relaxing at the Patung Beach..
We then proceed to Bangla Road, the busiest pedestrian-only road in Patung.  As expected, majority are mat salleh drinkers, with semi-nude and mainly semi-female dancers standing on the table either at ground or first floor.  If they are from same outlet, they wear same sexy dresses, like uniform.  I don't take pictures, but manage to get this group of cabaret maknyah dancers marching on the road.  Purposely snap without flash so that its blurry.. Cukup la kan..
All maknyah Cabaret Dancers..
That ends our Patung night...

Next day its going back day.  We spent the remaining time walking and relaxing at the beach.. Actually, there are many beach activities that can be done in Phuket, but it is monsoon season with a lil bit choppy sea, so it is not advisable to go for activities like island hopping and snorkeling.  We flown back to KL with fresh mood....Nice to be here but not exactly suitable for family holiday...

2 comments:

Telipuk Kuala said...

Alaaa...blur la plak tak nampak...hahaha...kalau nampak pun tak de pekdahnya ye dak? Berani la hang pi jale sorang2...kalau Aku rela dok bilik tengok TV ja...

Rosebud said...

Memang kalau tak blurr lagi loya nengok, bulu mata jer 3x ganda dari Rozita Che Wan nyer..

Yg berani sorang tu siang hari kat shopping complex tu jer.. dreber hantar and ambil.. kalau kena naik taxi tu serun jugak..