Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Home-Sweet-Home Ramadhan Buffet

My annual tradition continues. On the first Saturday of Ramadhan as usual I open my buffet line to close families who lived around my vicinity, counted to about 30 pax..  This year, I wanted this ifthar to be a simple one, taken cue from those ceramah I attended - bersederhana semasa berbuka.  As long as we can share the barakah of Ramadhan and ifthar together.  I didn't really put much thought to the menu.  Only decided what to cook when I'm at pasar Saturday morning.. Well, not bad at all, we have quite a good spread of food, regardless of simple thought.  Rezeki Ramadhan la katakan...

As an early preparation, I have set up my warung since morning, its at the basement, the only un-used space in the house.

5 tables, with many chairs, bersempit-sempit la sikit, buffet line is on the left..
Some of the menu - sambal udang (contribute by my sis), pucuk paku goreng berdaging, ikan goreng, and bilis besar berlada is great appetizer, really add value to overall eating experience 
In the rice cooker is sup tulang, ulam-ulaman of petai, pucuk ubi, timun - well complemented with 3 types of salad dressing which is sambal tempoyak, budu limau and sambal limau.  The fastest going dressing is sambal tempoyak..super yummy mah.. made of fresh durian..
2 large plate of ayam penyet, gulai tenggiri with pineapple and great tasting kerabu udang (contribute by cousin - authentic Thai I tell you).  Normally, chicken dish not so fast selling, but this ayam penyet taste great, so only few pieces leftover...
And finally the starter dessert - Clockwise from top right, pengat pisang (contribute by my neighbour), followed by 3 dish made by me i.e baked macaroni, caramel, trifle, my nieces contributed murtabak, and delicious bengkang labu baked by my sister (I swear this bengkang labu taste marvellous)
So that's my Ramadhan buffet line.. much less varieties than hotel offerings, but Alhamdulillah..just nice, just enough..

2 comments:

Telipuk Kuala said...

Masyaallah ya ukhti...manyak sedaplah ana tengok...haiyo, itu ayam penyet aaa...saya nanti mari you punya rumah raya musti kasi bikin tau...heheheh

Rosebud said...

Ahlan wasahlan ya ukhti.. anti to'am dajjaji lazizun.. pehe ko?