Tuesday, June 22, 2010

BBQ for Fathers... and Others

Its been quite sometimes since we have a BBQ dinner.  Landscape of life has been changed and it takes time for me to adapt to new environment.  Life has to go on, and I think I need to do this anyway.  I missed the casual makan2 do with close family members, and everybody loves BBQ.  So I would think father's day is the right day to have the event.  It was a simple do.  I prepared the chicken, my sister prepared nasi goreng and brought in some pizzas.  I normally bought marinated chicken from carrefour, but the last time I bought it, they mixed good with stale chicken, so I swear dah tak nak beli lagi.  I bought 3 large chicken, cut into 12 pieces and marinated with Heinz barbecue sauce, few teaspoon of BBQ spice, put in 2 packet of maggi black pepper mix, a few spoon of olive oil, and salt to taste.. Wallahwei..taste as good as carrefour...

Before grilling - 8 hours marinated...

BBQ in progress


Put on chicken franks too...

Dah siap tu apalagi... makan la...

Simple dessert - malas nak masak heavy dessert, malam2 org tak makan banyak..

Highlights of the day - delicious cheese cake tribute to the dads of night...

Until next year... Happy father's day to the father of my children... Thanks for anchoring this ship excellently...

2 comments:

Telipuk Kuala said...

Nak cheese cake...nak cheese cake...sendiri bikin ka beli weiii??? Hemmm...best nyer...ingat nak wat ujung minggu nih, tapi sure masih kepenatan balik teambuilding masa tu, kan...hemmm....

Rosebud said...

Cheese cake beli la beb..memang cheesecake ni sedap, tak berapa manis.. tapi sebenarnya cheesecake nih tak susah sangat buat.. google for boston cheesecake, you'll find the recipe.. (tak susah tapi malas..)