Monday, June 14, 2010

7 Days Againts 7 Years

I love no.7 and consider this as lucky number.  Many great soccer player like Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo, Eric Cantona and Raul put 7 on their jersey. Then, there are 7 Wonders of the World.  And as for me,  I was born on the 7 moon, work on Floor 7, stay in house with few no 7 and many more 7 that colors my life. 

Let me just talk about 7 days.  In Islam, on the 7th day of the newborn, it is a sunnah to name the baby, hold the sacrifice or aqiqah, shave the baby's hair, then donate the money equivalent to the gold value of the weight of the baby's hair to the poor.  When a muslim passed away, there will be a special tahlil held on the 7th day to mark the end of nightly tahlil.  7 years also have its significance.  There is english idiom that says '7 years itch', to show the likeliness to stray after 7 years of marriage.  7 years is the start of formal education in Malaysia.  Saidina Ali R.A also line up 3 phase of 7 years in briging-up children i.e. first 7 years - plays with them, second 7 years - teach, educate, discipline them, and the third 7 years - be their friends and guide them.  If you do this, insyaallah, beyond 21 years old they know how to differentiate what right from wrong in the Islamic perspective.  How beautiful this three phases of bringing up children that Saidina Ali R.A. has left for the ummah... 

Back to the 7 days againts 7 years, here in reality, in my working world (normally I don't like to write about office life, but this one is an exception).  The other day I just overheard a guy who just got tranferred from the other department on his 7th day here to my division asking about his job term.. And I overheard the answer from my boss, equivalent to one of the commonly-heard-hadhis 'do what are askence upon thee, leave what are forbidden upon thee'... And I said, WOW! I mean this is my 7th year  in this division (I came here in 2003 from the other division), never before I have ever faced the situation where job term is so high level like this.  From now and until when (?), job term for me (the 7 years fellow) and the other guy (the 7 days fellow), shall remain cloudy....

Setting aside all the no. 7, good or bad, let's just ponder Allah's creation of heaven and earth in 7 layers - where science can only explained it hundreds of years later...

Surah At-Thalaq:

ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَ سَبۡعَ سَمَـٰوَٲتٍ۬ وَمِنَ ٱلۡأَرۡضِ مِثۡلَهُنَّ يَتَنَزَّلُ ٱلۡأَمۡرُ بَيۡنَہُنَّ لِتَعۡلَمُوٓاْ أَنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَىۡءٍ۬ قَدِيرٌ۬ وَأَنَّ ٱللَّهَ قَدۡ أَحَاطَ بِكُلِّ شَىۡءٍ عِلۡمَۢا (١٢)

Allah is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number. through the midst of them (all) descends his Command: that ye may know that Allah has power over all things and that Allah comprehends all things, in (His) Knowledge.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is disaster of the working world, let's just find happiness within this sadness...

No comments: