Monday, April 26, 2010

Late Celebration - Actually Not a Celebration, Potong Kek Only....

We have to put off Syahmi's birthday celebration potong kek a few times, either because we have a fully busy weekend or him not able to come back.. Time is so fast, and he is on his 19th birthday (and that also means I have been married for 20 years).  How time flies when you are having fun.. (Alhamdulillah).  Sometimes I didn't realize that I am this old.  When I met many old friends at Facebook, and see them in different sizes (that means body), colors (that means hair) and faces (sagging face, but I saw one with botox, she's a goddess!!), it come to reality that I have left 'that life' some twenty to thirty years ago... Wow, that's a long time my friend (Anyway, I put the best awet muda picture in my facebook so that people still recognise me.. he..he..he..).  Looking back, I didnt expect today that I have four kids and actually raised them - I am naughty kids those days ;-). I am glad that I passed the path that I have been, and every lesson is surely a valuable one...

OK, back to Syahmi's birthday,  I've been longing for icecream cakes so I bought this delicious strawberry icecream cake from King's.  It's a strawberry icecream layered over vanilla cake.  It taste much better than the overly creamed Secret Recipe's cakes...


Whole cake, and after I slice it... that's really yummy..

Normally, birthday cake will take around 3 days to finish..but this one gone very quickly.. Birthday boy hate to be photographed..but lets be sporting boy..


Oh ya.. this cake is just for dessert.  Earlier we have nasi kerabu hitam that I first time cook, in grey color (normally its white).  I bought the rice coloring when I went back to KB.  So I thought I wanna try it.  Actually I just spilled it on a little bit too much, so its darker than it should be.  Nonetheless the coloring is tasteless, so it does not spoil the taste of my delicious nasi kerabu...


That's about the small celebration that we have for Syahmi..
Happy Birthday Abang Syahmi - wherever you are, whatever you do, always be on the track of Allah..my prayer will always be with you..

2 comments:

Telipuk Kuala said...

Uuuuu...ice cream cake...I like!!! The last time I ate Nasi Kerabu was in 1999. It was prepared by Kak Lela and the division was still known as Tariff & Regulatory management...gosh! ages! Let's have nasi kerabu for pots luck okay...no fish for me, pls...hehehe...

Rosebud said...

Ngan daging bakar besh jugak. Kalau tak pun teloq masin..