Wednesday, July 8, 2009

MJ and Me

Today (yesterday US time), MJ's memorial finally held. I remembered all his beautiful songs cause I grow-up to 'adolescent' during his boom period. They say the 80's belong to MJ - so it is the years I mostly spent in US. Prior to my studying in US, I'm just kampung girl, but loves to listen to english song, at that time there's only one english channel called 'Rangkaian Biru'. I really go crazy over Andy Gibbs (also passed on now) and Bee Gees, while my good friend Imah is head over heals over Leif Garrett. At that time, we live in hostel, you can imagine how all girl school's antics of these teen idols. Sometimes we share money and bought backdated (cheap ma..) mags like 'teen idol' 'seventeen' and etc. , cut out the pic than put it in scrapbook...then when I passed my school days, my love for Andy Gibbs faded...and the moment I landed to Uncle Sam's I found new music idol. Yeah...there goes MJ. Still remember when me and Izan moved to our new apartment, the song 'thriller' hit the airplay like crazy. Soon we are so crazy of this newly found idol...and there goes all the years, its full of top 40 hits by MJ. Those are the years that I never forget. Its like these songs has its own story to tell just like it has its to its singer. Now that I've all grown up and old, his death just reminiscing those moments that I can relate with. MJ, the legend of the pop music...lives on although in his mysterious way...



Memories of Stockton and Fresno lives on....

2 comments:

Telipuk Kuala said...

Aku zaman muda-muda dulu mempunyai dasar pandang ke timur...maka Aku nyer 'kekasih hati' masa tu ialah The Heavenly King of Pop (Hong Kong) - Aaron Kwok, Andy Lau, Leon Lai & Jacky Cheung.

Rosebud said...

Aku tak suka dengar lagu yg kena tengok subtitle - he..he..he..