Monday, February 20, 2012

Geneva – When it’s colder than coldest…

Notes of Geneva 2nd Week - End 4 February 2012

First week in Geneva is rather pleasant where weather is not that cold. Now come second week, Geneva is colder than coldest.  Low -14 degc, highest -5degc.  So imagine in the middle of afternoon, it is cold to the bone.  Slight snowing begins on Monday.  Starting Monday night up to Tuesday snow does not stop flowing down heavier than the day before.  This is what I call colder than coldest where we live in the big freezer for the whole week. I think the last time of me having real snow is during my visit to my friend’s home in Portland Oregan, somewhere in year 85. And that was very long long time ago… After those days, the coldest I ever experience is last year's trip to Paris - VERY cold Paris, which is also below freezing point.  After such a long time, I definitely can’t simply adjust to this coldness that much. Lucky over the weekend I bought a new wool winter jacket, at least it’s a bit warmer than the one that I brought from home.  Nevertheless snow plus wind really kills me.. and the thought that there's only a week remaining to live here it’s a great joy.  

Here is snow in Geneva.. Enjoy the view and don’t envy la..it’s damn cold..
View from my room, before snow
After heavy snow, roofs all covered by snow.
This is enclave of ITU buildings where meeting took place
In front of meeting place - I used umbrella coz snow is quite heavy - org kampung dapat salji pakai payung je la...
White parks - all covered by snow
This park is infront of ITU
In front of Royal Manotel
Who want to have a ride in this weather - just left stranded for weeks..
My favorite spot - snow start to melt towards my going back time..
Cold...cold...Patut la mat salleh ni sibuk nak pergi Negara panas masa winter, yang orang Malaysia pulak sibuk nak pergi oversea masa winter.  No surprise aarr...Isn’t grass always greener on the other side.  Moralnya, kita memang selalu rasa tempat kita tak cukup bagus dan tempat orang lagi best.  But in the end pepatah melayu ‘hujan emas di negeri orang, hujan batu di negeri sendiri, baik kat negeri sendiri’ still hold water, still valid. 

Cold it maybe, cozy it maybe, sleepy it maybe, I surely hope to see you again Geneva...  

2 comments:

mamanabil said...

Salam..very nice...
kenapa takder email adds. akak nak tanya something.

Telipuk Kuala said...

Tang payung tu yang tak tahan tu...